confessions of a flake

And maybe flake is too harsh. I think I used to be a flake, but now I'd confidently call myself a flake in recovery.

I'm a yellow/red, if you know anything about the color code. Or if you know anything about Dressing Your Truth (find me personality typing books and I'll read them all. Fifty times. And love every second), then I'm a type 1.

I also have phone phobia, but that's a post for another day. And I'm also in recovery for that.

But if you know a flake, be nice to them(!) It's not that we mean to be this way, it's just our nature. And I'm fully prepared, in the list below, to tell you how to live with one of us.

1. We are not offended by reminders. We need reminders. Texts are the best, because then we don't have to feel bad if (when) we don't answer them.

2. It's not that we don't care about you! In fact, my whole life I've always felt like I care TOO MUCH about people, like I care about people way more than they'd ever care about me.

3. Don't take anything we or do (or don't do) to mean really anything. Because you've been my best friend for 15 years and I forgot your birthday last year doesn't mean I don't love you and think about you all the time and wish we lived closer. It just means that I forgot. Oops.

4. We forgive and forget easily, so all we ask is that you forgive and forget, too.

5. We can't say no!!! We just can't, and we don't know why or really understand it. Understand that, and tread lightly when asking us for a favor. We love to please.

Hug a flake you love today, it'll make you feel better.

2 comments:

  1. I love personality books too!! me and amy just got into dress your truth too i am a 3 and amy is a 4! Its so eye opening when you start figuring out people and then it makes more sense why they do the things that they do

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nu uh! We have some MAJOR catching up to do about this, I feel like. I have the book! Do you? Let's facetime soon

      Delete