how we do mornings

Phew, this three kids thing.

This has totally thrown me for a loop. And made me realign my priorities, which I'm no good at.

Am I even good at anything anymore? Most evidence points to no.

The thing I'm the WORST at is leaving the house in a gracious matter. Moms - how does this work?

I'll tell you how it works around here.

6:30 a.m.  I roll out of bed to feed the babe, then get up and start breakfast

9:04 a.m. Kids (with bare feet, snot running down their noses and tempers the size of Texas) are in the car, strapped in. Emmy's still in pajamas and heaven knows what my greasy top knot looks like.

What happened in those 2 and a half hours baffles me, because not once in those 150 minutes did I sit down. Or look in a mirror.







4 comments:

  1. The main reason I'm gonna homeschool Luke for pre-school is because I hate putting kids in the car--especially since our parking lot is like a block away--who can carry a car seat that far!? I'm going to put off the car driving as long as possible. I can't think of the last time I took them both in the car by myself--I always put off running errands and going to outings until Jon's there to help. Lame, right? So....I feel like divulging this information about myself should make you feel better about your life and your abilities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your validation. A block away!? In the cold?! Aint nobody got time for that!

      Delete
  2. Whenever I drop Duncan off in the mornings I make sure to be really nice and say things like,"I love you," and, "you're the best." I'm hoping it will cancel out all the nagging and yelling I did before we got in the car.

    ReplyDelete